- Type position: Full-time Assistant/Associate Professor
- Number of Position : 1
- Qualification: Qualifications for appointment:
- Earned doctorate (Ph.D. or S.J.D.) with an academic expertise in the related fields of marine affairs.
- Applicants must meet the requirements as specified in Article 3 paragraph A of the “Regulations for Appointment Qualifications of Faculty and Researchers at National Sun Yat-sen University” (Regulations which can be found at https://ope.nsysu.edu.tw/static/file/11/1011/img/1252/591901333.pdf)
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese.
- Field of Specialty : Carbon trading system, policy design and blue carbon evaluation
- Deadline: 31 October 2023
- Required documents:
- Curriculum vitae (please complete the “Teacher Information Sheet for Proposed Appointment” downloadable from for this purpose);
- Publication list of recent five (5) years and published materials (including refereed professional books, SCI, SSCI and/or TSSCI journal articles of which the applicant must be the first or corresponding author, and in case of co-authored publications, the applicant must provide proof of co-authorship from other co-authors);
- Xerox copy of doctorate diploma and proof of professional work experience (applicants for assistant professor position who hold foreign (provisional) diplomas and/or with foreign work experience should also provide notarized copies of the diplomas or proof of work experience from Taiwan’s embassies, consulates or representative offices in the countries where the degree or work experience was obtained) and transcripts of Master’s and Doctoral degree programs;
- Research and teaching plan (for the design of a teaching plan and intended offered courses, which could be newly developed course different from the existing courses as listed in the most recent revised Curriculum of GIMA as seen at );
- Contact information of three (3) references (those successful candidates in the final short list may be required to provide three (3) sealed letters of recommendation and sent directly to the Director of GIMA from the recommenders);
- Any other supporting materials considered to be useful to the search committee.
Applicants should mail all the required documents specified as above to Prof. Hung-Jeng Tsai, Director of the Graduate Institute of Marine Affairs, National Sun Yat-sen University, 70 Lien-Hai Road, Kaohsiung City 80424, Taiwan. Required documents will not be returned to the applicants, thus, applicants are suggested to keep their own original copies.
After preliminary screening, successful candidates may be invited to NSYSU campus for an interview (candidates for assistant professorship will be asked for a teaching demonstration).